[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS needs TclTk 8.4

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jan 30 08:51:38 EST 2008

> In short: I'm very willing to continue to create the wingrass packages,
> but I don't seem to find the time to also have to set up the compilation
> environment with all the dependencies. Currently I'm using what you
> provided more than a year ago...

Same is true for me: I got almost all the way to completing a WinGRASS
compilation environment with all GRASS and GDAL dependencies.
However, I had to abort due to too much other work, picking things up
where I left them will require some time now.

My suggestion is: let's keep the WinGRASS setup the way it is for the
6.3 release in order to not delay the release much further.

Maybe we could then agree among all available developers with some Win32
skills to focus on squashing the last remaining bugs and improving the
completeness of the port for the 6.3.1 release.

Benjamin

> Moritz

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany