[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS needs TclTk 8.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jan 31 10:15:03 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 3:40 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> It still needs some "internal" files on Windows and MacOSX,
> specifically:
>

> MacOSX:

These don't appear to be in the GRASS source any more.

> 	#include <tclMacCommonPch.h>

This is an old Mac "Classic" (that is, pre-OSX) Tcl header.  From the
"Mac" readme (as opposed to Mac OS X):

"Note that Tcl on Mac OS Classic is no longer supported and likely no
longer
compiles, the last release known to work is 8.4.2. The 'mac' source
directory and all other Mac Classic code have been removed from Tk 8.5."

It was probably never needed in the first place by GRASS.

> 	#include "tkMacOSX.h"
> 	#include <tkMacOSXInt.h>

These are only needed when using the Aqua TclTk.  X11 TclTk on OSX is
pure unix (and the one I recommend).

tkMacOSX.h is installed on an Aqua build, so it is not needed in the
GRASS source.

tkMaxOSXInt.h is included in the system Tk in Leopard, in an include
sub-folder "tk-private".  It is not included in the system Tk in Tiger.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin