[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Jul 27 18:37:47 EDT 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> > If it does work for PrivateHeaders, I would suggest using the
> > framework syntax for the headers (then, -F should work for both the
> > libraries and headers).
> >
> Or -F would not be needed at all using one of the default paths:
>
> TCLINCDIR =
> TKINCDIR =
> TCLTKLIBPATH =
> TCLTKLIBS = -framework Tcl -framework Tk
>
> We would need a flag in platform.make saying that we're using
> framework headers, so they'll get properly included in GRASS sources.
>
> #ifdef TCLTKFRAMEWORK
> #include <Tk/tk.h>
> #else
> #include "tk.h"
> #endif

The way it's done for OpenGL is:

#if defined(OPENGL_X11) || defined(OPENGL_WINDOWS)
#include <GL/gl.h>
#endif
#ifdef OPENGL_AQUA
#include <OpenGL/gl.h>
#endif

I have changed configure and associated files to treat Tcl/Tk
similarly to OpenGL.

--with-tcltk now accepts x11/win/osx (and aliases) as an argument.

TCLTK_{X11,AQUA,WINDOWS} are now defined in Platform.make and
config.h.

I have also cleaned up the --with-opengl=aqua case, and added a
--with-opengl-framework= switch (the paths are no longer hard-coded).