[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 27 21:54:01 EDT 2008

On Jul 27, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> I haven't run a compile yet - I didn't see any of the sources that
>> include the tcltk headers get updated yet.
>
> The easiest way to find which sources need updating is to compile and
> see where the errors occur.

I took a stab at it.  There seems to be a problem - without -I flags
it's looking at the system Tk framework.  It's possible it's finding
the /usr/include symlinks to the system framework before trying the
framework search path magic.

I see also that the tcltk headers aren't framework-friendly:
tkMacOSX.h, a public header, includes "tkInt.h", a private header, and
they are in completely different header folders.

Looks like we need the tcltk header paths.

>> Oops, now all the platform.make vars for opengl are empty, except
>> OPENGL_AQUA and USE_OPENGL.
>
> Right. It's setting OPENGLLIBS, when it should be OPENGLLIB.
>
> Fixed (hopefully) in SVN.

Yep.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.