[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 28 10:16:22 EDT 2008

On Jul 28, 2008, at 7:50 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> Looks like we need the tcltk header paths.
>
> In that case, I think that we're better off ditching the OSX-specific
> stuff in its entirety and going back to -I, -L and -l switches. No -F,
> no -framework.

We needed the -framework flags because -l would get the system tcltk
symlinks.

I put in the -I flags just to get it to compile, and at least the -
framework linking gets the right framework.

> Either it's a framework or it isn't. From what you say, it isn't.
>

> Hang on a minute. If the headers are using framework names (<Tk/tk.h>
> etc), it isn't going to find those in /usr/include.

Ah, right.  Argh.

It's OK to mix -framework linking and unix -I include paths to those
frameworks.  It just means configuring the paths, and assuming some
default or requiring the user to pass them in.

/Library/Frameworks could be a good default, since the current system
tcltk is still 8.4, which doesn't work well in the aqua form for GRASS.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy