[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] low radiance values after i.atcor and i.topo.corr

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 23 03:05:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> > I found the problem: i.maxlik reads in as CELL. This needs a rewrite
>> > to permit all common raster2D types.
>> > Hacking in DCELL instead of CELL for reading my FP simulated maps,
>> > i.maxlik works.
>> >
>> > Are you willing to update i.maxlik for INT/FP support for the input maps?
>>
>> The same applies unfortunately to
>> i.gensig
>> i.gensiset
>> i.smap/bouman/read_block.c
>> i.class
>
> Changing i.maxlik looks straightforward enough, but the others are
> quite a bit more complex.

Funny, my i.maxlik was identical. I expected something more complex
but fine as is.
i.cluster/i.maxlik now work with FP data, I just made a classification
of slope/aspect maps and it does something apparently reasonable.

> i.class is a libraster-based GUI program (R_get_location_*), so its
> life expectancy extends to roughly 5 minutes after 7.x gets
> "indent"ed, so I don't particularly want to waste time there.

ok, so we ignore that.

> And i.smap is gibberish; e.g. write_img() calls G_is_c_null_value() on
> "char"s, so that module probably hasn't worked since 4.x.

i.smap works, I have tested it recently and also others use it regularly.

Any opinions on
i.gensig
i.gensiset
? Both are used for supervised classification where you have training
areas instead of just looking at the pixels as does i.cluster.

Markus