[GRASS-dev] GRASS and GPGPU

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Sat Mar 1 04:38:39 EST 2008

Yes, that is an excellent thought. I was considering this possibility
for speeding up common interpolation, image transformation and
resampling, as well.

Kriging in realtime, anyone? ;)

Of course, this would have to be implemented in a GPU-specific library.

NVidia has the CUDA SDK, which is not open source at the moment, but
the pressure is on:

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t28458.html

ATI already seems to have their stuff (CTM) opened up.

Maybe a proof-of-concept GPGPU module would make a nice little SoC
project?

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.