[GRASS-dev] about SWIG Python interface...

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 05:54:53 EST 2008

I'm very much interested to the SWIG Python interface, as I'm
 considering some investments to do with Grass functionalities. I'm
 going to test the methods used by JGrass to interface Java with Grass
 native commands, but I think it would be a great improvemente to
 support it for Python too, as many non-programmer users use it (also
 the ones coming from ArcGIS world!).

 The question is: as Martin says, it's still in a "pre-alpha" state,
 but do you think it will be developed more and supported?

 Is the work done by Alessandro Frigeri (Univeristy of Perugia), to
 implement a SWIG/Python interface [1], already included in the actual
 code?

 Giovanni

 [1] http://www.foss4g2006.org/materialDisplay.py?contribId=136&sessionId=48&materialId=slides&confId=1