R: [GRASS-dev] Updates to wingrass-extralibs

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Mar 3 08:01:45 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 marco.pasetti at alice.it wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> it seems to be a head to head race! :-D
>
> anyway... I agree about "not reinventing the wheel"... but sometimes I also think that it's necessary, because not all GnuWin32 libs are updated and, the biggest problem, they are built using VS, not MinGW;

That's not true - see http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/summary.html where
it says they are all compiled with MinGW and gcc. I've compiled GDAL
against them and had no problems.

But no, it's not a race! :) I've mean meaning to make the binaries
available for two months now and it just seemed like a good time to
finally do it.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Hamish wrote:

> or open a gmail account, then you get 100MB webspace from
> pages.google.com. (the last time I tried the max file size you could
> serve was 10MB)

Not a bad idea; am looking into it (to host the source code, just to
keep things legal...)

Paul