[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] How to find out an angle between to points on the map (for r.plane, r.lake)

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:18:33 EST 2008

On Sunday 02 March 2008, Hamish wrote:
> Helena wrote:
> > > This reminds me - was the patch below submitted to SVN?
>
> Not yet. AFAICT Dylan has SVN permissions for grass-addons/ but not the
> main source tree?

I don't think that I have write-access to any tree yet. At some point it would
be nice to setup (with approval from the others) those permissions.

> I haven't checked: does the patch "do the right thing" for lat/lon
> locations yet? It needs to do that first. FWIW, I haven't looked at the
> patch yet but the feature seems useful.

Yes and tested, see:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/76/d.measure_bearing.patch

> > > Do we have a procedure (dedicated person) for keeping
> > > track of patches submitted through track
> > > and making sure they get submitted if appropriate?
>
> Interested devels should claim ownership of the bug in the tracker.
> As long as it is in the tracker it won't get too lost or forgotten.

... It is in the tracker, so that is a start.

Cheers,

Dylan

> Otherwise they sit there until someone takes an interest, which may not
> be an entirely bad thing as commiters are obliged to take primary
> responsibility for code they check in. Every new part of the code needs
> a champion to look after it otherwise bugs go unfixed and there is no
> check on bloat.
>
> Michael:
> > I just tried to check out any updates to d.measure and found that it
> > doesn't run on my Mac. It produces a bus error. I don't need it, but
> > folks should be aware of this.
>
> The code hasn't changed in 10 months*. So perhaps something else is
> wrong like a build problem? If it persists can you debug it?
>
> [*] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/display/d.measure
>

> Hamish

>_________ Be a better friend, newshound, and

Dylan Beaudette