[GRASS-dev] compile an individual module

roberto marzocchi roberto.marzocchi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:45:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm working to make a script for grass add_ons.

So, I'm trying to compile an individual module for understand how working.

I've seen the howto: http://grass.itc.it/grass63/source/INSTALL

I've  tryed with a script of add_ons (r.in.onearth),  I change the  relative
path

in the Makefile to absolute path. (MODULE_TOPDIR=/mydirectory

So it's stopped, because it don't such the file:
($MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Grass.make
($MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Platform.make
and "don't have the rule to make target
($MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Grass.make"

so I've seen that the ($MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Grass.make don't exist,
but
exists a ($MODULE_TOPDIR)/include/Make/Grass.make.in file, but I've
correctly installed
GRASS sorce code in my pc...

What's the problem?

Thanks in advanced

COMPILING INDIVIDUAL MODULES - OWN MODULES

To compile (self-made) GRASS modules or to compile modified modules
at least the GRASS libraries have to be compiled locally. This is
done by launching:

    make libs

Then change into the module's directory and launch the "make"
command. The installation can be either done with "make install" from
the main source code directory or locally with
    "INST_NOW=y make"

You may want to define an alias for this:
    alias gmake6='INST_NOW=y make'
Then simply compile/install the current module with
    gmake6

Note: If you keep your module source code outside the standard GRASS
source code directory structure, you will have to change the relative
path(s) in the Makefile to absolute path(s).