[GRASS-dev] Re: WinGRASS-6.3.0RC5 Self Installer

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Mar 15 06:57:51 EDT 2008

Marco Pasetti ha scritto:
> Glynn,
>
>> In fact, I'm quite worried that the main consequence of an easy-to-use
> installer could be a large number of useless bug reports which don't provide
> any useful information and just end up distracting (and possibly
> de-motivating) the developers who are working on the Windows version.

Sorry Glinn, I do not see your point here.

>> Anyone who wants a robust version of GRASS for Windows should be using the
> Cygwin version.

I would like to say that, from a normal user's point of view, the cygwin
solution is simply not feasible.
I wish to thank Marco for his great and productive effort. His installer
is a major breakthrough for the spreading out of GRASS (something we all
like, isn't it?).
All the best.
pc
--