[GRASS-dev] r.watershed problem

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 03:25:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to get streams out of srtm map of Mekong Basin.
my laptop is 2 Gb RAM and enough HDD space. I tried with and without
-m flag, same result. Any idea/suggestion?

thanks
Yann

GRASS 6.3.svn (Sub1):~/tmp/grass/gui/wxpython/gui_modules >
r.watershed --overwrite elevation=mekong_srtm at test
stream=mekong_streams threshold=50000 -m
SECTION 1 beginning: Initiating Variables. 5 sections total.
WARNING: No such file or directory
WARNING: cseg_open(): could not write segment file
WARNING: No such file or directory
WARNING: cseg_open(): could not write segment file
WARNING: No such file or directory
WARNING: cseg_open(): could not write segment file
WARNING: category information for [mekong_streams] in [test] missing or invalid

GRASS 6.3.svn (Sub1):~/tmp/grass/gui/wxpython/gui_modules > r.info mekong_srtm
 | Layer:    mekong_srtm                    Date: Sat Mar 15 17:22:25 2008    |
 | Mapset:   test                           Login of Creator: yann            |
 | Location: Sub1                                                             |
 | DataBase: /home/yann/GRASSDATA                                             |
 | Title:     ( mekong_srtm )                                                 |
 | Timestamp: none                                                            |
 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 3058            |
 |   Data Type:    CELL                                                       |
 |   Rows:         16923                                                      |
 |   Columns:      9558                                                       |
 |   Total Cells:  161750034                                                  |
 |        Projection: Latitude-Longitude                                      |
 |            N: 24:02:14.65386N    S: 9:56:05.856936N   Res: 0:00:02.999988  |
 |            E: 108:39:25.435332E    W: 100:41:31.550028E   Res: 0:00:02.999 |
 |   Range of data:    min = -28  max = 3058                                  |
 |   Data Description:                                                        |
 |    generated by r.mapcalc                                                  |
 |   Comments:                                                                |
 |    if(mekong == 1, srtm_sea, null())                                       |