[GRASS-dev] r.watershed and swap memory

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:50:00 EDT 2008

Hi Ivan and Helena,

149,040,000 Cells for the srtm 90m of Mekong river.
computer is on 8Gb RAM.
About 65 % done after 43.x hours, r.watershed basically does it, it seems.
Of course efficiency is a problem here, but it does it.

yes r.terraflow goes to /tmp, that is considered a bug to me, not an
enhancement...
The location from which we have the GRASS dataset is generally the
best guess for large empty Disk space.

Cheers,
Yann