[GRASS-dev] r.watershed and swap memory

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Wed Mar 19 10:43:36 EDT 2008

Hi Hamish...
yes.. my threshold is really small (30 cells, because I need a very
detailed stream network in output), and this can probably have a strong
effect on the time of analysis...
However I'm really surprised of your results with 170000000 of cells...
and 2 Gb of ram...!!
really impressive...
I have tried over two different computers (with 2 Gb of ram), but the
result is the same... so I think that the problem is not on the quality
of the ram or other similar thinks but on the dimension of the
dataset...

I will try with different resolution as soon as possible... but at the
end I need this resolution because I have "cleaned" the dem with
v.breach to obtain a hydrologically correct dem and now I must use this
dem to derive the drainage...

Many thanks for your interest....

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a