[GRASS-dev] Re: Re: [GRASS GIS] #156: new attribute in Option struct to allow conditional options requirement

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon May 5 11:46:20 EDT 2008

I'll respond here with an idea because I'm not sure if it quite fits in the
this track ticket yet, but am happy to add it in for future reference if all
think I should.

Why not have one field that defines the order of the tabs and one that
defines the tab label? I haven't dug into the TclTk code that parses these,
but it can't be that hard to change it to account for this. The same goes
for the wxPython parser code. It would probably simplify a LOT of things in
the parser.

Michael

On 5/5/08 7:37 AM, "grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org"
<grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 07:23:47 -0000
> From: "GRASS GIS" <trac at osgeo.org>
> Subject: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #156: new attribute in Option
> struct to allow conditional options requirement
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
>
> #156: new attribute in Option struct to allow conditional options requirement
> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  martinl  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>       Type:  task     |      Status:  new
>  Component:  default  |     Version:  svn-trunk
> Resolution:           |    Keywords:  parser, required, conditional
> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by hamish):
>
>  Martin:
>> This can be solved with a new attribute in Option struct
>> which tells the parser not to worry about testing all required
>> options=
>  ..
>> f_flag->suppress_required=YES;
>
>  i.e. a new attribute in the '''Flag''' struct.
>
>  other (shorter) ideas what to call it.....
>  {{{
>  flag->runandexit
>  flag->reqnotreq
>  flag->skip_req