[GRASS-dev] Are the recursive calls a problem in Grass?

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue May 6 15:07:14 EDT 2008

Hello Roberto,

On Dienstag, 6. Mai 2008 20:45:46 roberto caselli wrote:
> I always start my application from command line and the a GUI window
> opens so I can write the input and press the RUN button. But I don't
> see any kind of message error inside that window.

I don't have your module command currently hence an example with a common
command:

if you do e.g.

d.rast

the GUI will pop up, if you do

d.rast --help

you will see syntax

d.rast [-oix] map=string [catlist=cat[-cat][,cat[-cat],...]]
   [vallist=val[-val][,val[-val],...]] [bg=color] [--verbose] [--quiet]

the parts in brackets are optional hence you just have to to enter

d.rast map=your_raster

to plot the raster.

If you do the same with your command you will get an error message (or not).

You can change the message output with

g.gisenv set=debug=5 (not too sure about that)

hope this helps, cheers, Martin