R: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #160: WinGRASS: v.report>incompatability issue

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 22:33:33 EDT 2008

Marco:
> > Yes. The new installer is already in my GRASS folder.
> > Just tell me if upload it or not (and with what name,
> > 6.3.0-1?)

or -2.

> I don't think you need to version your installer. GRASS
> is the same version
> that it was previously, you have just updated the GRASS
> installer. So I'd
> just put a date on it so that people know it's newer
> than the old installer.
> In fact, I would not change the version because that
> implies a different version of GRASS.

the typical (linux) convention is to label by source code version then "-" package revision. so 6.3.0-2 would seem appropriate here. For source code changes and extra "." is used, like "6.3.0.1". I would hesitate to put the date in there unless it is a SVN snapshot or the line of package revisions is someway broken. If date is used, please use a sortable way like YYYYMMDD.

Hamish