[GRASS-dev] georeferencer - inspiration from gvSIG

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 23 14:02:42 EDT 2008

I can't run gvSIG, but maybe I can put it on a different machine and take a
look (it's developed by the University of Valencia, where I have
colleagues).

Some of your wishes are already built into the wxPython georeferencer. Have
you checked that yet?

Michael

On 5/23/08 7:02 AM, "grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org"
<grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:06:24 +0200
> From: Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>
> Subject: [GRASS-dev] georeferencer - inspiration from gvSIG ?
> To: grass-dev <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hello,
>
> I've been working with gvSIG's georeferencing module lately, and I have
> to say that it rocks ! It allows you to see where you put your GCP's not
> only on the image to reference, but also on your base map and you can
> zoom into the points and move them around as needed in both maps. This
> allows for very precise georeferencing. You can also place and resize
> your image as you want in the same canvas as the reference map. Etc...
>
> It would be great to have something like this in GRASS if it is in any
> way feasible. So, maybe an inspiration for someone who has the time and
> feels inspired. Or for next years Google Summer of Code ?
>
> Moritz

Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213