[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] g.xlist/g.xremove addons (C version of g.mlist/g.mremove)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 4 05:00:47 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> Huidae Cho wrote:
>> I've just uploaded g.xlist and g.xremove (C implementations of g.mlist
>> and g.mremove, no dependency on g.list/g.remove) to
>> grass-addons/general.  To compile these addons, you need POSIX regex(3)
>> functions.  They are super fast (native speed of g.list/g.remove)!
>> Please test these modules.

They work well for me and they are natuallry extremely fast
compared to the shell scripts.

>> If these changes to
>> libgis (ls.c, join.c, gisdefs.h, POSIX regex) are acceptable,
>> g.m?(list|remove) might be substituted with these modules (?).
>
> The existing scripts cannot be removed unless the C versions can be
> made to work on all platforms (I daresay there's a regex library for
> Windows, but we still need configure tests, etc).

What is the current state? Since I have to deal with thousands of
maps in a mapset frequently, I am interested to get the g.mlist
and g.mremove scripts replaced with a C version.

Thanks
Markus