[GRASS-dev] GRASS Wiki and manual pages

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Sep 4 22:51:18 EDT 2008

Martin Landa wrote:

> > Is it practical to provide a convenient means to link to manual pages
> > from the Wiki? Ideally something which doesn't require typing
> > significantly more than the actual command name, e.g.
> >
> >        [[cmd:r.mapcalc|]].
> >
> > At present, the only way to link to manual pages is with a full URL.
> > Apart from the increase in typing, AFAICT it's not possible to link to
> > a manual page without referring to a specific version.
> >
> > Right now, very few command names are hyperlinked, and those which are
> > use full URLs for a particular version. Unless there's a global
> > search-and-replace tool, that's going to create a lot of work when the
> > "current" version changes.
>
> template is now available
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Template:Cmd

Okay, thanks.

I changed the template to use <span class="plainlinks">, as the
"external link" indicator can get to be quite obtrusive if it occurs
frequently in the middle of sentences.

Is it possible to skip the "captcha" for links to grass.osgeo.org (or
osgeo.org generally)? I think it's safe to assume that those aren't
likely to be WikiSpam.

Also: should we hyperlink module names when they appear in code blocks?