[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r33171 - in grass/trunk: lib/gis raster/r.colors

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 12 15:54:08 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> Martin Landa wrote:
>> Author: glynn
>> Date: 2008-08-30 13:21:59 -0400 (Sat, 30 Aug 2008)
>> New Revision: 33171
>>
>> Added:
>>   grass/trunk/lib/gis/colors.desc
>> Modified:
>>   grass/trunk/lib/gis/Makefile
>>   grass/trunk/raster/r.colors/main.c
>> Log:
>> Read descriptions for etc/colors/* from etc/colors.desc
> (it seems a bit
> pointless being able to just drop new colour tables into etc/colors
> but then needing to re-compile r.colors to add the description).

I have backported this, with the addition of
rules: create new color table based on user-specified rules
as needed in 6.4.svn.

Related wish: could the list be printed in alphabetical order?
While the colors.desc file is ordered, the help text is no more:

r.colors help
   color   Type of color table
                    differences,elevation,etopo2,evi,grey,grey1.0,grey255,
                    gyr,ndvi,population,rainbow,ramp,ryb,ryg,sepia,slope,
                    srtm,terrain,wave,random,grey.eq,grey.log
            aspect: aspect oriented grey colors
            aspectcolr: aspect oriented rainbow colors
            bcyr: blue through cyan through yellow to red
            bgyr: blue through green through yellow to red
            byg: blue through yellow to green
            byr: blue through yellow to red
            curvature: for terrain curvatures (from v.surf.rst and
r.slope.aspect curvature colors)
            differences: differences oriented colors
            elevation: maps percentage ranges of raster values to
elevation color ramp
            etopo2: rainbow color ramp for the ETOPO2 2-minute
Worldwide Bathymetry/Topography dataset
            evi: enhanced vegetative index colors
            grey: grey scale
            grey1.0: grey scale for raster values between 0.0-1.0
            grey255: grey scale for raster values bewtween 0-255
            gyr: green through yellow to red
            ndvi: Normalized Difference Vegetation Index colors
            population: color table covering human population
classification breaks
            rainbow: rainbow color table
            ramp: color ramp
            ryb: red through yellow to blue
            ryg: red through yellow to green
            sepia: yellowish-brown through to white
            slope: r.slope.aspect-type slope colors for raster values 0-90
            srtm: color palette for Shuttle Radar Topography Mission
elevation values
            terrain: global elevation color table covering -11000 to +8850m
            wave: color wave
            random: random color table
            grey.eq: histogram-equalized grey scale
            grey.log: histogram logarithmic transformed grey scale

I am not sure where the order magic is.

Markus