[GRASS-dev] nviz compile errors on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 14 18:55:53 EDT 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 5:20 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Not quite. Normally, I let make install simply overwrite my existing
> grass app. That way, if I have any new files I'm working on, it just
> ignores them. I also don't have to make a new image for the dock.
> Once in awhile, there is a problem with this, however. I decided to
> rename my existing app and let make install create a totally new one
> (bindist did the same thing of course). In this new app, nviz no
> longer crashes Python, but simply does nothing.

OK, we can ignore bindist then, if a clean install doesn't crash.

>> None of that. I select the nviz setting in the display and
>> absolutely nothing happens. I haven't checked yet, but I'm
>> wondering about the problem I'm having with vdigit--i.e., not
>> finding the *.so file. Perhaps there is a hard-coded path in
>> vdigit.py and nviz.py that has them looking for files in the wrong
>> place.
>
> Maybe Martin can tell us. I'll look at the files too.

Probably not.  I'm not having any .so-finding problems.  More likely
it's a problem in the sys.path.

One test to see if it's a compilation or runtime problem - here's my
build from my Mini for MacPython and the latest wxpython:

http://www.kyngchaos.com/files/software/unixport/GRASS-6.4.pkg.zip

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin