[GRASS-dev] [grass.script.core] parser() casts options as strings

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 23:48:49 EDT 2009

Glynn wrote:
> In r38629, options are checked regardless of whether opt->options is
> present.

if someone does:

g.module string_opt1= string_opt2=foo

or string_opt1="" should it catch that as an error? I know currently
there are some module checks for that sort of thing (opt->answer pointer
exists but points to an empty string), but if would be better to have the
parser take care of that. are there cases where it might be valid?
d.module text="" ??

(e.g. mental typo during trial & error / up-arrow history editing in bash)

also, vaguely related: one thing I've never been clear on:
what is the reason to use G_done_msg(" "); instead of G_done_msg(""); ?

thanks,
Hamish