[GRASS-dev] New: v.db.droprow

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 14 04:43:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Martin Landa<landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/11 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>> It removes vector objects (point, line, area, face etc.) from a vector
>> map through attribute selection in the table.
>
> Also not sure if we need this script.

How would you do vector removal based on attributes?

> In any case the name is probably
> misleading. Prefix 'v.db' indicates that the module modifies only
> attribute data, not geometry(?)

Perhaps yes (I considered it a v.db.* since it uses the attribute table).

> I have some questions regarding Bash script:
>
> * are these extra checks needed (it's done by v.extract) [1,2]

Yes, I think so: if you create a map with v.random it won't have
a connected table, so better don't badly crash. Likewise with
a non-existing map. I used existing msg strings (for translation).

> * unused variables [3]

Removed.

> * G_OPT_OUTPUT instead of G_OPT_INPUT? [4]

Right, fixed.

> Thanks, Martin
>
> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/scripts/v.db.droprow/v.db.droprow#L86
> [2] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/scripts/v.db.droprow/v.db.droprow#L92