[GRASS-dev] gmath/gpde Patch for grass6.5 and grass7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Aug 21 05:00:30 EDT 2009

Soeren Gebbert wrote:

> 3.) I can place an ATTENTION.txt file in the ccmath library folder, which
> explains the licensing issue.

You can't assume that someone modifying the file will have viewed the
contents of the folder. When I open a source file, it's often from
grep or compilation output (C-x ` or selecting a specific line of
output), or via M-. (find-tag, i.e. locate the point in the source
where a given symbol is defined).

If you want to ensure that the information is seen by anyone modifying
the file, the information needs to go into the file itself.

What would be better still would be if subversion could restrict the
ability to modify those files, or at least send a reminder email if
the files are modified.

An alternative would be to put the library in e.g. lib/nonGPL/ccmath
so that the pathname serves as a reminder.