[GRASS-dev] lots of link errors in trunk (OSX)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Aug 27 22:49:59 EDT 2009

I'm getting a lot of link errors in trunk now.  It looks like it might
be related to r38871 and r38893 where all the *DEP and *LIB variables
were changed.  It's a very long list, but errors are all similar to:

in cluster:

cc ... -lgrass_imagery -lgrass_gis

Undefined symbols:
   "_Rast_is_d_null_value", referenced from:
       _I_cluster_point_part in c_point.o
       _I_cluster_point in c_point.o

or in rowio:

cc ... [no link libs at all]

Undefined symbols:
   "_G_warning", referenced from:
       _Rowio_setup in setup.o
   "_G__malloc", referenced from:
       _Rowio_setup in setup.o
       _Rowio_setup in setup.o

or in g.proj:

gcc ... -lproj  -lgrass_gproj -lgrass_gis

Undefined symbols:
   "_OGR_L_GetExtent", referenced from:
       _input_georef in input.o
   "_OSRImportFromProj4", referenced from:
       _input_proj4 in input.o
   "_GDALGetRasterXSize", referenced from:
       _input_georef in input.o

and there are quite a few modules that are missing the PROJ lib in
linking.

Something's not working right in the new transformation magic in
grass.make.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy