[GRASS-dev] Shell scripts

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 1 10:11:22 EST 2009

Right you are. I hadn't mentioned this because I thought it wasn't
working and didn't have time to look into it. But I only had the wrong
syntax.

The d.* commands don't produce a history in the output console, but
that is easily changed.

A couple of additional modifications would give this more the feel of
the system console.

1) Have the typed input go into the styled text window (output
console) instead of a separate command entry box
2) Have the styled text window bind carriage returns so that it will
treat any line under the cursor as a "command" to parse when return is
pressed.

As Glynn says, this is not exactly the same as a system terminal, but
it comes pretty close in functionality.

Michael