[GRASS-dev] Error while compiling i.pr Windows GRASS6.4

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Dec 4 09:24:00 EST 2009

António Rocha wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't have particularly good news. I don't have any
> dllmain.o file in my GRASS6 folder or even osgeo4w folder. What I do
> have is in snapshots folder a dllmain.c.
> The /OBJ./a/ usually is where it stores the .o files. Usually it should
> be storing them at c:/grass6/tests/i.pr/PRLIB/OBJ/a. In there there are
> a lot of .o files but neither dllmain.o is there.
>
> So my question now it's not how to obtain librgrass_pr but how to obtain
> this dllmain.o.

It's normally built from lib/gis/dllmain.c. If you didn't build GRASS
itself from source, you can compile just that file with:

	gcc -c dllmain.c

(it shouldn't need any other switches), then pass its path via
DLLMAIN_OBJ.

> About the OBJ./a
> maybe it has to do with this (at platform.make):
> - ARCH                = i686-pc-mingw32
> - STLIB_SUFFIX        = .a

Those are correct. Check if OBJDIR has the wrong value in
include/Make/Grass.make. It should be:

	# object dir
	OBJDIR		= OBJ.$(ARCH)

> By the way is it worth downloading and compiling /g.extension in order
> to install addons/modules?

I don't know.