[GRASS-dev] Re: GUI console example 2

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon Dec 7 20:45:10 EST 2009

On Dec 7, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Martin Landa wrote:

> Hi,
>

> 2009/12/7 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
>> Here is a more developed version of the GUI console.
>
> I have checked you patch. I just think that it's not good idea to mix
> log area with prompt. I would vote for improving GPrompt class. Log
> area should remain read-only. Input and output should remain
> separated.
>
> Martin

A while back I would have agreed with this. Now I'm not so sure. It is
certainly not a problem to separate input and output, though I'd
recommend looking at making the input box an STC too to take advantage
of the autocomplete functions. It really eliminates a lot of coding
and the current autocomplete doesn't seem to work on my Mac. On the
other hand, I no longer see disadvantage to putting input and output
into the same window, like a system terminal or python shell, and I
can now see some advantages to doing so--or at least some handy
features.

Michael