[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #829: v.in.ogr: when pointing to a folder import of vectors can produce wrong results

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Dec 11 04:33:03 EST 2009

#829: v.in.ogr: when pointing to a folder import of vectors can produce wrong
results
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  lutra    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  closed
 Component:  Vector   |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:  invalid  |    Keywords:  v.in.ogr
  Platform:  All      |         Cpu:  x86-32
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by mmetz):

 Replying to [comment:2 pcav]:
 > I think most users would expect a different behaviour from this command,
 importing all the shp in a folder as different GRASS vectors. It would be
 good to make this unexpected behaviour clear from the description of the
 command (also in the QGIS plugin)

 Right, the manual was not clear, I updated the description in grass64,
 develbranch and trunk (r39972, r39973, r39974 respectively).

 Importing all shapefiles in a folder as different grass vectors can be
 done in the wxGUI with

 File -> Import vector map -> Multiple vector data import using OGR

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/829#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>