[GRASS-dev] r39814- v.clean: OGR support (read access), vlib: Vect_copy_map_lines_field() added

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 11 06:38:38 EST 2009

Hi Martin,

r39814 broke native vector support because boundaries were not copied,
even if they belonged to an area with a cat in the given layer. Fixed in
39975 and 39976. Please make sure that OGR support does not interfere
with native vector support;-)

The behaviour of v.clean calling the new Vect_copy_map_lines_field() is
a bit unexpected because this is like first extracting all features in a
given layer, then cleaning the extracted features. I think the purpose
of v.clean is to do topological cleaning, and in a grass vector all
features of all layers are topologically linked, thus I would by default
always copy all lines of all layers, as in grass6.

I thought about a layer and a where option for v.clean, but not for
extracting, all features would be copied, but only selected features
would be cleaned, but that means rewriting most cleaning functions...

Best,

Markus