[GRASS-dev] change in vector area format?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Dec 14 23:29:58 EST 2009

Maybe I just missed the announcement. But I was surprised to find that
areas no longer displayed as areas in GRASS 7, but only as boundaries.
After trying multiple vector area files and considerable futzing with
various settings I got an error that said that the topology was bad.
When I rebuilt topology I could again display areas.

Does this rebuilding of vector areas under GRASS 7 have any negative
repercussions for displaying the same files in GRASS 6?

Michael