[GRASS-dev] Re: a better console and better diff

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sat Dec 19 10:36:15 EST 2009

On Dec 19, 2009, at 1:12 AM, Martin Landa wrote:

> I reverted this change. Reasons:
>
> * completely breaks wxGUI

Please explain how it breaks the GUI. It tested with no issues at all on my system. If there is a bug we can work it out. Reverting without reporting the bug does not help.

>  File "/usr/local/src/grass6_devel/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/prompt.py",
> line 920

It looks like all that happened was that I missed a conflict marker at the end of the file. If you remove it and try again, it should work fine.

> * re-implements GPrompt, please implement GPrompSTC without touching
> GPrompt (or GPromptSTC and GPromptPopUp can be subclassed from
> GPrompt)

See below

> * accidentally reverts my previous changes (apparently you are working
> with out-dated code). E.g. [1]

Not at all accidental. I needed to rewrite much of prompt.py to do this. Most of the code is no longer needed if we use STC, since most of it is a custom autocompletion code.

With all these changes updating caused a conflict which I had to resolve before committing.

Michael