[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #841: python script modules should use pythonw on OSX; they also ignore GRASS_PYTHON

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Dec 19 14:07:22 EST 2009

#841: python script modules should use pythonw on OSX; they also ignore
GRASS_PYTHON
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  kyngchaos    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 wxpython-based python scripts on OSX should be run with pythonw.  Problem
 in 6.5 in the new v.krige, and of course in all 7.x scripts.

 This is fine for the GUI itself, since the gui script is executed from
 Python (GRASS_PYTHON).  But modules are executed directly, using the

 {{{
 #!/usr/bin/env/python
 }}}

 method.

 For OSX, this should be

 {{{
 #!/usr/bin/env/pythonw
 }}}

 This will probably need to use some kind of .in file for all script
 modules that gets processed during make :(

 Though, I see another potential problem with the #! -- it completely
 ignores GRASS_PYTHON, which could cause trouble if the user or packager
 wants to override the default python in the PATH.  I don't know if it's
 possible to make the #! more dynamic.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/841>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>