[GRASS-dev] Re: a better console and better diff

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Sun Dec 20 13:33:35 EST 2009

Dear Michael,
once again I would like to state how much I appreciate the your works

> The output class does not contain the input class -- or at least it
> didn't, since I have no idea where it's at now.
>
> I simply used the layout section of GConsole to fit this instance of
> GPrompt on the console page. GPrompt remains an independent class
> that can be used elsewhere if desired.

I installed the SVN revion 40083 today on my Ubuntu system as a package
created with checkinstall.

I personally could not see an improvement on earlier designs of the
command line (comparing with revision 39965).
The current console lacks command completion which was present in the
earlier design.

If it is there and I couldn't find it I would suggest that you produce a
short screencast and upload it to a video portal. Then, we could see
what your suggested use of the command line looks like.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Regards
Timmie