[GRASS-dev] Re: compiling in OS X 10.6 - possible lib/form problems

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Dec 24 09:40:42 EST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 10:29 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just updated from the svn and almost successfully compiled 6.5. But I get errors in lib/form and related modules.
>
> I don't know if this is connected with the issues in ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/843 or if it is something new. I've still got the same TclTk from ActiveStates that I installed before upgrading to 10.6
>
> If I compile as before with --with-macosx-archs="i386,x86_64"
> I get the following error...

Use a space-separated list of archs.  Configure is looking at the whole thing and dropping it as an anvalid architcture.  Then on OSX 10.6, the default arch is now 64bit, so tcltk libs/modules fail to link.

> But if I compile without --with-macosx-archs="i386,x86_64",  I get errors in nviz togl without lib/form
>

> -lgrass_gis -lgrass_datetime -lz     -lgrass_linkm -lgrass_rtree    -ltk   -ltcl   -framework OpenGL -framework AGL -framework ApplicationServices  \

It looks like this time around you didn't do your -framework Tcl hack after configure, so it's using the system tcltk.  The odd thing here is that the system tcltk is 64bit, it just seems to be missing a needed symbol.  If you had linked the framework, you would have gotten the same error in lib/form.

PS, I tried using the system 64bit tcltk a couple weeks ago without luck, I think nviz linked, but didn't run.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy