[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:40:42 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/12/23 Jan Tošovský <j.tosovsky at tiscali.cz>:

> I've tried to compile 6.5 version of Grass (svn at rev. 38990) according to
> the following link on my WinXP 32-bit:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows
>
> I found there a broken link [1] during gathering all the individual
> packages, but this file can be hopefully downloaded from another location
> [2].

thanks, url fixed on wiki.

> 1) I cannot add a new vector map layer. Only a dummy one is added without
> the standard option dialog. All corresponding messages from the Command
> output tab can be found at the bottom of this e-mail. Raster maps are Ok.
>
> 2) Encoding issue, probably the same described in the ticket 806 [3]. In all
> places where localized strings are used in module dialogs there are strange
> characters instead of non western glyphs. I think the ISO 8859-1 encoding is
> probably used instead of UTF-8. In menu system all characters are fine.

Yes, it seems to be i18n-related bug. Unfortunately GRASS 6.5 starts
unlocalized on my (Czech) Windows XP. I have tried to set up LANG
variable, but it didn't help. Sorry I am GNU/Linux user:-) If I manage
to run GRASS localized, then I can try to fix the bug.

[...]

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa