[GRASS-dev] v.krige seems hard coded to Python 2.6

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Dec 24 19:58:54 EST 2009

I don't see a python version requirement in v.krige.

I think the problem is that all modules are run during compilation to generate the help file.  But v.krige (like all other python scripts) has that #!/usr/bin/python in it, which then runs the default python 2.6, AND in 64bit mode so it fails to load the 32bit-only wxpython.

During compilation, it doesn't know where to find the python wrapper I created to take care of the 64bit/pythonw problem (which would also have the python version taken care of for you).  (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/841)

I'll see if I can work something out on the OSX side.  Though as Glynn pointed out in that bug report, scripts should probably not be using wxpython directly (a module processes data and exits), or such scripts should not be in the scripts folder but on their own (maybe as a GUI module?).