[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Jan Tošovský j.tosovsky at tiscali.cz
Mon Dec 28 15:56:13 EST 2009

> in the OS control
> not sure) to have
> > >
> > > Unfortunately it's not working on my machine
> > >
> > > $ env | grep LC_ALL
> > > LC_ALL=cs_CZ
> > >
> > > but wxGUI starts still unlocalized...
> >
> > mystery partly solved, during compilation process in not created
> > 'locale' directory and 'make' says
> >
> > $ make clean; make
>
> > Creating translations (= 'make mo')
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/c/OSGeo4W/usr/src/grass6_devel/locale'
>
> > make[1]: Nothing to be done for `mo'.
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/OSGeo4W/usr/src/grass6_devel/locale'
> >
> > Not sure what is wrong...
>
> First, ensure that you have GNU make 3.81; I wouldn't trust older
> versions to handle non-trivial use of "eval".
>
> FWIW, the locale directory from GRASS 6.5 builds fine for me on
> Windows (with make 3.81).

I can confirm that. The locale directory is really created on my PC, but I
don't know if all of us mean the same path.
I've found two locations:
- C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.5.svn\locale
- C:\OSGeo4W\usr\src\grass6-devel\dist.i686-pc-mingw32\locale

BTW, Glynn, can you add a new vector map? Here is a snippet from the
original post:

1) I cannot add a new vector map layer. Only a dummy one is added without
the standard option dialog. All corresponding messages from the Command
output tab can be found at the bottom of this e-mail. Raster maps are Ok.

self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
xml.parsers.expat
.
ExpatError
:
not well-formed (invalid token): line 559, column 58
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.5.svn/etc/wxpython/wxgui.py",
line 368, in OnCBPageClosed