[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Dec 29 04:14:32 EST 2009

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Tried that. It doesn't work for me, although I don't get the same
> error. As soon as I have typed the map name (and before I have pressed
> "OK"), the GUI hangs and has to be forcibly terminated.
>
> Oh, and I get exactly the same behaviour with 7.0 on Linux. Raster
> maps work fine on both Linux and Windows; it only happens for vectors.

Here's another data point: 7.0 only hangs on Linux with DEBUG=
enabled. In that case, wxgui.py is blocked wait()ing for v.category to
terminate, and v.category is blocked write()ing to the pipe connected
to its stderr.

So it appears that something is making a blocking wait() call without
having checked that both stdout and stderr have been closed.