[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] mswindows/osgeo4w/mklibs.sh: dumpbin: command not found

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Dec 30 15:49:51 EST 2009

Hi Milton,

>Dear all,
>
>I am still trying to compile the grass under Vista/MSYS,
>and following the instructions available at:
>

>When I run ./mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh
>I get the following error message:
>[...]
>Mon Dec 28 21:56:25 EST 2009: STARTING cleanup
>Mon Dec 28 21:56:26 EST 2009: STARTING building vc libraries
>libgrass_I.6.4.0svn.dll => grass_I
>mswindows/osgeo4w/mklibs.sh: dumpbin: command not found

please comment out

from line 94

(http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh#L94)

line 136

(http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh#L136)

in the package.sh.

these lines are there for building under MS VisualC and not for building under MSYS.

the wiki (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows) was updated a while ago according to a commit to the source

(http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-commit/2009-December/011019.html)

for simplifying the package.sh-file, but commenting out the lines 94-136 was not in the commit.

so this should be done in the source.

best regards
Helmut