[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Jan Tošovský j.tosovsky at tiscali.cz
Thu Dec 31 13:30:16 EST 2009

> I also took a look at Jan's video. Maybe I'm missing
> something. He clicks on the add layer button but then does
> not click on the button to view the map list for either
> raster or vector. Maybe he is trying to type and it doesn't
> show up in the video?

In the GUI there are two separate buttons for adding either raster or vector
layer. When the button for raster layer is pressed, a dialog for selecting
the raster map is shown. When another button (vector layer) is pressed, no
dialog for selecting the vector map appears and a dummy vector layer is
added automatically instead. I do not do anything else what is recorded on
the video.

In the 6.4 build the bahaviour of both buttons is the same. In 6.5 I am
unable to add any vector map via GUI at all.

> Then he clicks to the command console but it is blank. Again,
> I'm not sure what I am supposed to be seeing or not seeing.

When I met the problem with vector maps for the first time, there was an
error message in the console tab. Now the output is empty so I 'reported' it
as possible regression of the most recent version.

Thanks for your patience.

Jan