[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 nviz (tcltk) no longer compiles on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Feb 1 11:37:55 EST 2009

On Feb 1, 2009, at 9:50 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:
>

>> Michael Barton wrote:
>>
>>> Just did an update and compile from the SVN. The original TclTk
>>> version of nviz will no longer compile on the Mac. I wonder if
>>> this is
>>> related to the change to make it TclTk 8.6 compatible?
>>>
>>> Anyway, I put the lengthy error into a text file and am attaching
>>> it.
>>
>>> In file included from togl.c:53:
>>> /usr/include/tkMacOSX.h:19:19: error: tkInt.h: No such file or
>>> directory
>>
>> It looks like the headers from the system Tk package are broken.

But it shouldn't be trying to use the system tcltk in the first
place.  So the tests in configure probably failed to find your tcltk
8.5.

> I compiled 6.5 a few minutes earlier and had no problem with TclTk.
>
> One thing I noticed. In platform make, I normally have to edit the
> TCLTKLIBS line from
>
> TCLTKLIBS           =  -ltk   -ltcl

> TCLTKLIBS           = -framework Tcl -framework Tk

I haven't had to do that in a while.  I added symlinks to /usr/local/
lib (I think we discussed this a while back).

> In GRASS 7, TCLTKLIBS was blank. I went ahead and entered the -
> framework statements.

Maybe related to configure not finding your tcltk 8.5 headers.