[GRASS-dev] ps.map: diag_up.eps pattern improve

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 17:48:24 EST 2009

ejtizado wrote:
> This a improved version of diag_up.eps
>
> %!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-1.2
> %%BoundingBox: 0 0 10 10
> newpath
> 0 0 moveto
> 10 10 lineto
> 9 -1 moveto
> 11 1 lineto
> -1 9 moveto
> 1 11 lineto
> stroke

thanks! these line breaks have annoyed me for a long time.

> because postscript clip with into the boundingbox limit the outside
> parts are not stroke but this eps make a full diagonal up line.

I am not at all a PostScript expert - is it valid to place coordinates
beyond the limits of the bounding box? (similar question for GRASS's
symbol format)

> Only a question, the diagonal line width is sqrt(2),

is it?

> a scale of 1/sqrt(2) = 0.71 make the width of the line
> similar a any horizontal line of width of 1.

i.e. 0.71 PostScript points? I'm not sure that I follow.

In the wiki help page I had written "Color and width of patterns are set
by [vareas] fcolor and width instructions until overwritten in the pattern
file." Testing it now that doesn't seem to be the case but from memory it
used to be. ??

Hamish