[GRASS-dev] my custom ps.map to ps3.map

E. Jorge Tizado ejtizado at ono.com
Sun Feb 15 09:07:53 EST 2009

Hi Hamish,

I make many changes to the files in ps.map and to avoid conflict with this
standard command I move my custom ps.map to ps3.map.

This ps3.map compile whithout errors in grass6_devel (6.5.svn). Before I send
this addons (or substitute of ps.map) I want debug and improve some part of
code but I like know the opinion and suggestions to improve the command
needed to draw quality maps whitout any other extern software.

The main improvements are:

1. All font has color.
2. All colors are R:G:B (accept named and none, of course).
3. Many dimensions accept unit (milimeters, centimeters and inches, default
points).

- Grid: option of fcolor to look like as ps3_map_grid.jpg (with a border of 2
points)
- Areas: it is possible define style of line to look as 'Geology-262' in
ps3_map_legend.jpg
- Scalebar: now with fcolor to look as ps3_map_scalebar.jpg

- rlegend and vlegend: with frame and multicolumns work well as
ps3_map_legend2.jpg

... and more.

Also I send to Grass-Addons server (GRASS7 subdir) i.landsat.toar and
i.topo.corr; They compile without errors in GRASS7 but I can not test because
teh compilation of GRASS_7 give me errors in many files, mainly because:

/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/lib/libgrass_I.so: undefined reference to `G_gets'
/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/lib/libgrass_I.so: undefined reference to
`G_get_ask_return_msg'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Thank for suggestions and comments

--
E. Jorge Tizado
Dpto. Biodiversity and Environmental Management