[GRASS-dev] v.vol.rst speedup - Re: [GRASS-user] interpolating with a covariate - v.vol.rst

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Feb 21 12:27:22 EST 2009

(from grass-user)

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> PS: If you are interested, I have a patch of v.vol.rst which reduces the
>  computational time to roughly 30%. Done by a friend of mine
>  (mathematician) who removed unneeded function calls from the code.
>  Needs more testing...

Thanks to Antonio Galea we have now a faster v.vol.rst where
computational time is reduced to 30-40% by skipping unnecessary
computations (no changes *how* the splines are computed and
such). So it is an optimization.

I have tested it for several months now and submitted it to the
relevant SVN branches and trunk.

Markus