[GRASS-dev] large vector problems

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Thu Feb 26 02:56:31 EST 2009

Hello,
reading this thread, and being sometimes concerned with large vector
files (associated with big related tables), I wonder if it's worth
manually creating indexes (on cat field) : can it be a effective way to
speed up queries, or is the kink elsewhere, at the geometric level (data
handled by grass, not the linked DBMS) ?

Thank you,
Vincent