[GRASS-dev] Fwd: question about gui switching menu item

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Feb 28 22:36:23 EST 2009

I've tested it in wxPython and it works on the Mac.

The script is more than I had in mind, but is indeed nice.

I was only able to follow the discussion in parts. I remember some
talk about windows not having a command line. But in fact it does have
a command line in both TclTk and wxPython, even if it does not have a
full terminal. The lack of a terminal, however, means that text and
old d.m are not available for Windows. It only can run the TclTk gis.m
and wxPython GUI's. I'm not sure what will happen in Windows if
someone selects text or d.m. Linux and the Mac, with terminal can run
these other modes, but this makes a nice menu item less important too.

Michael