[GRASS-dev] grass7 compile problems

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jan 16 05:26:36 EST 2009

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> I am trying to get to test the new r.watershed but I am stuck at
> compiling grass7
> (I had it working OK without wxwidgets before I updated)
>
> First, the issue with wxWidgets, when I include --with-wxwidgets
> I get
>
> checking whether to use wxWidgets... yes
> checking for wx-config... /usr/bin/wx-config
> checking wxWidgets version... 2.8.9
> checking for wx/wxprec.h... yes
> checking for wx/wxPython/pseudodc.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate wxWidgets includes.
>
> but I do have  it
> deliboz%
> ls /usr/lib/wxPython-2.8.7.1-gtk2-unicode/include/wx-2.8/wx/wxPython
> i_files  printfw.h  pseudodc.h  pyclasses.h  pydrawxxx.h  pyistream.h
> pytree.h  swigver.h  twoitem.h  wxPython.h  wxPython_int.h
>
> I tried to add (I don't know what I am doing here)
> --with-wxwidgets-includes=/usr/lib/wxPython-2.8.7.1-gtk2-unicode/include/wx-2.8/wx

The trailing "/wx" doesn't belong there; wx headers are referenced as
e.g. "#include <wx/dc.h>", so the -I switch needs to point to the
directory containing the wx subdirectory, not the header files.

> To get at least something running
> I did make distclean
> svn update
> configure, make, make install
> with skipped wxWidgets, configure goes through
> but make gives error for g.cairocomp (do I need it compiled?)

Known issue; g.cairocomp is currently unused, but I need to add more
configure checks to detect whether cairo has the features which
g.cairocomp requires (currently, configure only checks what's required
by the cairo driver).

> and when I try to run any r.* command I get
>
> "ERROR: Incompatible library version for module"
> g., v. commands run OK

See Markus' comments about GDAL.